Study German Language in Germany
Why study German?
- German is the most spoken language in the European Union and is the 10th most spoken language around the world.
- A German degree is globally recognized.
- Speaking and understanding another language proves an advantage on a professional level and opens up many career opportunities.
- German is one of the main languages used business and international diplomacy.
- Studying German language helps you understand a different culture. Many universities in Germany offer courses for the same.
- Understanding German language also enriches your knowledge about languages and helps you interact in a culturally appropriate manner when in Germany.
- Since English Language is a close relative of German, learning German helps you understand the history of English.
- Speaking German will help you communicate with people anywhere in Europe, since it’s the most widely spoken language around Europe.
Top 10 universities to study German are as follows:
- Mannheim University:A. ‘Intercultural German Studies’ is offered jointly by University of Mannheim and the University of Waterloo (Ontario, Canada). The program offers a broad framework for German language and literature studies.
- Augsburg University: One of the finest universities to study German. The course offered allows students to complete the course within a reasonable time frame.
- Ruhr University – Bochum: One of the top universities in Europe and offers courses for Bachelor’s and Master’s in German language and literature.
- Heidelberg University: Is the oldest university in Germany and offers various courses for studying German.
- Kassel University: This university offers students academic programs with various admission and degree opportunities like Bachelor’s and Master’s in literature and German language.
- LMU Munich: It has the largest faculty of Languages and Literature in Munich. Students can do quality research at international level in the fields of languages, literature, and cultures that are unique in Germany
- Osnabruck University: The courses here are shaped with a combination of comprehensive Language and Literary Studies with classical Latin philology and by the modern languages of English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish. This university offers teacher training along with its language, scientific disciplines, and didactics.
- Kiel University: The curriculum includes language and culture courses from beginning to advanced levels. The faculty in this university consists of experienced German language teachers and native speakers from the Kiel area.
- RWTH Aachen: Different courses of language and literature are provided by this university.
Siegen University: Key skills related to language are taught here.