Scholarships in UK for International Students
The UK Government offers a diverse range of International Courses for students who wish to migrate and study in UK. Along with the immense valuable courses, the UK government also offers Scholarships for international students. There are several types of scholarships in UK that are offered to international students based on several factors.
- Scholarships are offered to international students who aspire to pursue a career in UK.
- Scholarships are offered with great consideration and are awarded based only on academic excellence.
- There are several international organizations that offer scholarships in UK for international students and the British Council is considered to be famous among them.
- A student can usually get up to 100% scholarship provided he/she meets certain requirements.
- The student should make sure that he/she has researched properly and applies within the time frame to avail the scholarship.
- Scholarships in UK makes it easy on international students who have to pay their tuition fee and living expenses to study in UK.
Types of Scholarships in UK for International Students: –
Government-Funded Scholarships in UK for International Students
- British Chevening Scholarship is one the best scholarships in UK that is offered by the government to international students who migrate and study in UK.
- The scholarship provides a complete or a partial funding to the student who pursues a full-time graduate in any subject.
- Commonwealth scholarships is also one of the most recognized scholarships in UK which is available for students who pursue graduate programmes in Commonwealth countries.
- Scholarships are also offered to students who undertake masters in UK.
Non-Governmental Scholarships in UK for International Students: –
- Apart from Government Scholarships in UK, there are other organizations that offer scholarships for students.
- Students who migrate to UK from Africa can make use of the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Program and Tullow Group Scholarship Program.
- French Students can make use of the Entente Cordiale Scholarship.
- Students from India can make use of the Goa Education Trust Scholarships, Charles Wallace India Trust Awards, Saltire Scholarships etc.,
- Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Scholarships program is another scholarships in UK which is for students from Pakistan.
Universities That Offer Scholarships in UK: –
There are Universities in UK that offers scholarships for self-funded international students who apply to pursue a full-time program. Some of them are:
- Bristol University Scholarships
- University of Birmingham International Postgraduate Scholarships
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships
- Clarendon Scholarships at the University of Oxford.
- University of Edinburgh Global Scholarships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students & more.,
Other Scholarships in UK for International Students: –
- International Students are also offered graduate research Scholarships. Euraxess UK is an initiative taken by the European Commission which aids the researchers in Europe. British Council runs this in the UK and offers various graduate research scholarships for International Students.
- Creating videos that are compelling which outlines the career and study plans of that particular student can also help him/her obtain a scholarship from Castle Smart Scholarship worth £6,000.
- Apart from the above mentioned, there are also other important scholarships that the British Council offers. The British Council offers 198 scholarships worth over 1 million pounds. The Scholarships are offered for 29 graduate and 169 postgraduate programs.
How to Apply for Scholarships in UK?
- Before applying for a scholarship in UK, the student should thoroughly research about various scholarships that are available in UK.
- The student should make sure that he/she is eligible by checking his/her eligibility before applying for a scholarship in UK.
- The student should be prepared with all the necessary documents.
- The student should make sure that he/she provides all the necessary documents asked by the university.
- Every information that is provided by the student should be true and he/she should not withhold any information within them.
- The student should provide reliable references and should be careful while choosing references.
Scholarships in UK prove to be an excellent pathway for students who wish to pursue programs abroad. Studying abroad helps students bring out the inner potential they have and thereby making the better person in all aspects.
To know more about scholarships in UK or to check your eligibility for free, get in touch with our team of experts.