MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine is renowned worldwide for the top-class medical education programs it offers.The country, for decades, has been the most favourite destination for medical students. All medical universities in Ukraine are accredited by international organisations including World Health Organization (WHO) and UNESCO. The programs are also approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Ukraine has many reputed government medical universities offering MBBS. The duration of MBBS course in Ukraine is six years and after completing the course, the student can work in any part of the world. But they are required to qualify respective medical council exams in the countries they wish to work.
Why MBBS in Ukraine?
- The universities in Ukraine offer the best quality medical education with good infrastructure.
- The universities that offer MBBS in Ukraine hold high reputation for excellence in teaching. They are also consistently ranked among the top universities of the world in both government and independent surveys.
- All the Ukrainian universities that offer MBBS are listed in the World Health Organisation (WHO)’s Directory of World Medical Schools.
- Ukraine’s Educational System is accepted worldwide.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine
- The total expense to complete MBBS in Ukraine is very low. Cost of living including accommodation is low in this country. Moreover, no donation is needed to obtain admission to MBBS in Ukraine. Admission to the course is purely based on marks obtained in 12th standard examinations.
- The class size for MBBS course in Ukraine is small, so that each student gets individual attention. Mostly, there will only be 10 students per class. The students can have more interactions with teachers, clear their doubts and increase their knowledge.
- The classes are mostly practical-oriented, which helps increase the interest and expertise of students in their subject. The students get clinical exposure at hospitals affiliated to the medical universities. These hospitals give students exposure to high-standard medical equipment and modern technology.
- The medium of instruction for MBBS in Ukraine is English. So foreign students do not have to face any language barrier in the country. At the same time, students need not pass language tests like IELTS and TOFEL.
- Many Ukrainian medical universities have visiting faculty from the UK, Canada and Australia. The students of MBBS in Ukraine will be from different parts of the world. Many universities also have student exchange programs with countries such as Sweden and Germany. All these help students get valuable international exposure. The students can apply for permanent residence in Europe after completing the course if they prefer.
- Students of MBBS in Ukraine are eligible to appear for various licensing exams such as MCI screening test, USMLE -1, PLAB in UK PMDC, HPCSA, SCHS, MCC etc.
- Ukraine has moderate weather conditions. So the students can have a comfortable stay during the period of their studies.
- Ukraine guarantees highly secured study and living environment for international students
- After the successful completion of MBBS in Ukraine, the students can explore the chances of settling permanently in Europe
Admission requirements for MBBS in Ukraine
- The applicant must have passed higher secondary or equivalent examination.
- He/she must have appeared for higher secondary education after 10+2 years of study. The applicant must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the last two years of study.
- The student must have a minimum of 50% marks in the 12th standard examination.
Medical universities in Ukraine
Some of the major State & National Medical universities in Ukraine are:
- Sumy State University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- Odessa National Medical University
- Vinnitsa National Medical University