MBBS in Georgia
Georgia is a country known across the world for its exquisite cuisine and hospitality. With premium medical universities and affordable costs, Georgia has emerged to be the best choice for students who want to study MBBS abroad. The universities offer world-class education and state-of-the-art infrastructure. Medical universities in Georgia have the recognition of Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO). A degree from these universities makes the holder qualified to work in any part of the world. After completing MBBS in Georgia, the student can apply right away for the test for obtaining the licence to practise.
Georgia is located at the intersection of Eastern Europe and West Asia. Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia and the country is now a major international tourist destination. Georgia has also been named as the world’s number-one economic reformer by the World Bank. The country is part of the European Union’s Free Trade Area. Georgia has achieved 100% literacy and has one of the best education systems in the world.
Why study MBBS in Georgia
There are many favourable factors that make Georgia the most attractive destination for aspiring MBBS students. They include:
- To pursue MBBS in Georgia, students need not pass an entrance test. Admission is purely based on higher secondary-level marks. Students with a minimum of 60% marks will get admission to Georgia
- The cost of completing MBBS in Georgia is much lower compared to many other countries. The students need not pay any donation. Deserving students may also get scholarships.
- The fees are affordable and living cost is low. The students are also eligible for education loan
- English is the medium of instruction in Georgia so the students need not worry about language barriers. At the same time, students need not pass English tests like IELTS or TOFEL
- Medical universities in Georgia offer better quality education. The universities give priority to practical expertise.
- The medical universities are equipped with high standards of infrastructure. The students are also exposed to the most advanced medical technologies and devices.
- Students are allowed to participate in international seminars and conferences.
- The teaching faculty in the medical universities of Georgia are highly qualified
- Georgia offers high standards of accommodation for students
- Georgia is a safe country to live. Crime rates are very low and student can travel by public transport without any worries. The students also get discounts on travel
The approximate annual tuition fees in the medical universities in Georgia will be USD $4500 - $6000. The duration of the course is six years. Monthly expenses on food and accommodation would be around $250 - 300.
MCI-approved medical universities in Georgia
The website of Medical Council of India (MCI) shows a list of 16 approved universities in Georgia:
- “AIETI” Medical School
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- European University
- High Medical School “Ayeti”
- Ivane Javakhashvili Tbilisi State University
- Kutaisi Medical Institute “Kutaisi”
- LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia
- New Vision University, Georgia
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi Medical University “Hippocrates”
- Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia