Education System in Germany
- Many universities in Germany offer internationally comparable Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.
- A German degree is recognized worldwide.
- This encourages international students to migrate to Germany for their higher education.
- Students also have the choice of opting for multi-lingual degrees.
Degrees Offered in German Educational System
Bachelor’s Degree under German educational system
- It is the first level of educational degree and consists of 6-8 semesters.
- This program provides you with fundamental basics of your choice of course.
- A German bachelor’s degree is accepted and recognized worldwide.
- Students can proceed for higher studies after successful completion of bachelor’s degree program.
- Following are some bachelor’s degree programs: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Master’s Degree under German educational system
- It is the second level of educational degree offered and is of 2-4 semesters.
- Students must successfully complete their bachelor’s degree before applying for a master’s degree program.
- Internships are part of this degree program and students are allowed to work at various industrial centers during their course of study.
- After the successful completion of master’s, students can opt to study higher and choose a Doctoral program or take up professional careers.
- Following are some of the master’s degree programs: Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.), Master of Arts (M.A.), Master of Music (M.Mus.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Master of Laws (LL.M.)
Doctorate Program under German educational system
- Students, after their successful completion of bachelor’s and master’s degrees, can apply for doctorate programs.
- Students are required to complete research on a specific topic during their course of study under this program and must produce a research paper.
- Students who successfully complete this program are awarded with the title PhD.
- The duration of this program varies from 2-6 years.
- Students on successful completion of their degrees in the fields of medicine, law and teaching can take up state exams conducted by federal government of Germany.
- If selected, students can take up practical training in their respective fields.
- Bologna and ECT process are accepted under German educational system.
- Fee waiver has been done for Master’s degree in any engineering courses, MBBS or MD programs as well.