Cost of Studying
- Though USA remains world’s most popular destination for its world class educational system, it is also counted among the most expensive choice for study purpose. The cost of studying in the US may be daunting, however its worth checking all the facts on fees before you make up your mind.
- Fee structures may differ depending upon the type of organization you opt for your education. An estimated tuition fee for public universities ranges from $10000 to $20000 per year, tuition fees for private sectors range from $15000 to $30000 per year and $8000 to $12000 per year for community colleges.
- Fee structure further changes depending on your choice of course and university. Courses such as Medicine and MBA have a higher fee structure in comparison to engineering courses.
- Studying in USA not only involves educational expenses but is also inclusive of expenses related to living expenses, food accommodation, personal expenses, literature expenses, travelling expenses and daily routine expenses like mobile recharge, internet expenses etc.
Tuition Fee Payment Modes
All payments must be in US dollar. Different payment modes and methods available
- Online payment
- Bank Transfer
- Debit card or credit card payment US Dollar cheque
- Demand Draft
- Cash Payment
The major factor which involves majority of expenses apart from tuition fee is the living and accommodation expenses. Some of the options available are discussed below:
Cost of studying involves Food and Accommodation Expenses:
International students have three options of accommodation in USA. Students can choose any type of accommodation based on their convenience. There mainly 3 types:
- On-Campus Accommodation– Students are provided with accommodation inside the college campus and can accommodate themselves with a fellow student.
- Off-Campus Accommodation– Students can rent or share an apartment outside the college campus.
- Host Family Accommodation– Opt for home says. The university officials make background checks for all providing homestay options. Enjoy family environment with this kind of accommodation facilities.
Cost of studying involves Health Insurance expenses:
- USA demand students to contribute for medical insurance which is mandatory for all international students.
- Students can utilize all medical benefits offered by the university/college.
- Possess a health insurance to ensure a healthy educational life.
Cost of studying involves Transportation Expenses:
- A public transport monthly pass can be obtained at a rate of 45 and 100 USD
- One of the huge transportation expenses you might have to bear is probably be flying from and to your home country.
Cost of studying involves Additional Expenses:
- Utility Costs: electricity costs you around 50-100 UDS per/month depending on the type of accommodation you use.
- Internet averages up to 45-50 USD/month.
- phone charges provide their services at a rate of 50 USD/month.
- Books and supplies: 400 – 1,000 USD/year
- Health insurance: 700 – 1,100 USD
We recommend that you do a personal calculation of all costs and secure a budget before you arrive in USA and begin searching for financial aid well in advance.