Admission Requirements in USA
- Every university in USA has its own admission requirements and criteria.
- Make sure to apply separately to each university
- Do not stick to applying for one university of your choice.
- There are chances that your choice of the institution might not accept you, hence apply for several other universities.
- Contact schools and universities at least a year before planning to enter that university/school/college.
Few guidelines to help you apply for admission to U.S. universities and colleges
Apply to several institutions:
- After selecting the school /college/ university contact each for application forms, admission requirements and other details.
- Apply for more than one schools/college/universities
Sending Application forms:
- Each program has its own admission criteria and educational requirements.
- Admission office reviews your marks of previous educational qualification and hence you must submit the certified copy of your academic record.
Registering for admission tests:
- Students applying for universities and colleges must take up various tests that measure aptitude and achievement.
- International students must take up \English language proficiency test.
Complete the admission test:
- If undertaking SAT or ACT your test scores are directly sent to the respective institutions
- In case of computer-based tests, you are allotted a center and the scores are directly sent to the institutions.
Receiving acceptance letter
- You will be receiving letters from the university/school once the application deadlines are over.
- Reserve a seat by paying the deposit amount by a certain deadline
Writing an essay
- You are required to write an essay along with your application to the university.
Various programs and their Admission requirements
Undergraduate Admission requirements
- International students are required to complete 12 years of academic education prior to applying for bachelor’s degree program.
- Must provide certificates proof for previous academic qualifications
- Visa and passport are required
- Submission of applicants resume
- A completed application forms with all details including educational qualification, career experience, personal details, career achievements, choice of course, visa and passport details. Attach your educational certificates with the same.
- Letter of Intent stating the intention of the study
- IELTS, TOEFL certificates
- Immigration history and official transcript.
Postgraduate admission requirements
- Students who have completed under graduation program are entitled to apply for post-graduation
- Applicants must provide the certificate of under graduation before applying for the same.
- certificates must indicate the required minimum GPA in the field of study, research programs undertaken in the under graduation and the related documents.
- Depending on the institution/university/college you might have to take up GMAT or GRE and the scores of the same would be assessed for postgraduate admission.
- Other requirements remain same as for under graduate program admission requirements.
Doctorate admission requirements
- All admission requirements mentioned in the above to programs are necessary for this program
- Students must produce all the certificates of undergraduate, postgraduate and any other research program certificates.
- Applicants must take up doctorate admission entrance exam.
- Must have a minimum score in IELTS /TOEFL as set by the university.